[Building Sakai] heads-up on 2.9.x upgrade: see jldap provider bug fixes at SAK-23689 and SAK-23719

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Tue Jun 18 14:42:17 PDT 2013

Thanks Bill for the excellent JIRAs and patches.

Both of the patches are now in trunk and are awaiting verification before
they are merged into 2.9.x.

These are both difficult to reproduce, but others who have a local LDAP
connection should be able to test and verify.  The caching issue can
probably be replicated fairly easily by setting the UserDirectoryService
callCache to a very low value to get values out of the JLDAP cache.

As a next step, I'd like to see us remove the JLDAP cache completely in
trunk Sakai.  The UserDirectory cache holds all relevant user information
making the JLDAP cache redundant and confusing.

Thanks,
Sam