[Building Sakai] tool version mismatch problem

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 11:40:41 PDT 2013

Hello,

There are some mismatch version problems I would like to resolve.

for example,
master/pom.xml shows:
<sakai.resetpass.version>2.8.6</sakai.resetpass.version>

However,
reset-password/pom.xml says:
       <parent>
                <groupId>org.sakaiproject.purepoms</groupId>
        <artifactId>sakai-standard-tool</artifactId>
                <version>2.8.6</version>
        </parent>
        <name>Reset Password and Account Validator</name>
        <groupId>org.sakaiproject.reset-pass</groupId>
        <artifactId>reset-pass</artifactId>
    <version>2.8.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <packaging>pom</packaging>

When I do maven build under base, tomcat/shared/lib has
sakai-reset-pass-help-2.8.6.jar

However, when I do maven build under reset-password, because I modify some
files under reset password folder, I got
sakai-reset-pass-help-2.8.7-SNAPSHOT.jar under tomcat/shared/lib

I changed master/pom.xml into
<sakai.resetpass.version>2.8.7-SNAPSHOT</sakai.resetpass.version>
so that I don't have to build reset password separately.

My question is
there are many similar version mismatch cases for sakai 2.8. Should I
modify all of them based on each tool's pom.xml?