[Building Sakai] CKEditor upgraded from 3.6 to 4.1.2

Keli Sato Amann kamann at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 14 14:20:02 PDT 2013

Woohoo! Moono looks awesome!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Ottenhoff" <ottenhoff at longsight.com>
To: "Developers Sakai-Dev" <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:15:41 PM
Subject: [Building Sakai] CKEditor upgraded from 3.6 to 4.1.2

I just committed a large upgrade to the CKEditor in trunk:

We are now using the latest CKEditor 4.1.2 with the new moono skin in trunk.

You can read about all of the bugs fixed and features added here:

http://ckeditor.com/whatsnew

CKEditor 4.1.2 support 64 language translations. It also supports easily customizing the UI color:

http://ckeditor.com/demo#ui-color

If anyone spots major issues with the upgrade, please add a comment or sub-task to SAK-23708.

I have no plans to merge this into 2.9.x at this time, but it's conceivable that if everything works well, we could merge it into 2.9.x probably with the legacy skin as the default ("v2") to not cause too much disruption.

Thanks,
Sam