[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9.1 and IE8

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Jun 13 10:32:43 PDT 2013

We investigated precisely this issue for our on-campus IE8 browsers for our 2.9.x rollout, having seen the same problem, and this change solved it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj676915(v=vs.85).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288325(v=vs.85).aspx

We changed this from the previous (default?) value of sakai.X-UA-Compatible="IE=EmulateIE8".

Obviously caveat emptor (or the open source equivalent).

Regards
Stephen