[Building Sakai] Newbee need help with Sakai

Pierre Kellerman PKellerman at realpeople.co.za
Thu Jun 13 03:13:12 PDT 2013

Some more feedback. I did look at the error files an so some Invalid value SQL error in there.

I did drop and recreate the Sakai database in MySQL. Ensuring that I use the correct setting for character set and everything.

Had to restart the computer because the Tomcat service was still in a status of Stopping. (You have to love Windows L) .

After restart I can see that the tables was automatically recreated without me even trying to access the site. I suppose it happen when Tomcat start.

But even trying to access http://localhost:8080/portal just hang the browser. Still the same thing and there is nothing but INTO and WARNING

Messages in the .log files. No Errors at all.