[Building Sakai] deleting the polls options did not send email notification to the voters

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 17:35:37 PDT 2013

Hello All,

After deleting an option with votes, we click to send email notification to
the voters. However, the voter does not receive any email notification.

To reproduce:
click on Edit under an existing poll
Click on delete next to one of the answers to the poll
Choose to notify users that answer is being deleted and to vote again.

The user who voted for that particular answer did not receive any email
from Sakai telling him/her to vote again.

Tomcat log shows

2013-06-11 17:22:41.986 [WARN]
org.sakaiproject.email.impl.BasicEmailService:675 - send:
javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``''

I am wondering where I should dig first in order to resolve this problem...

We are using polls 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT and parent is sakai-standard-tool 2.8.6
within Sakai 2.8_x_all

Please shed some light on this, so that I can resolve this issue.

Thank you.