[Building Sakai] Github repositories move

Nicolaas Matthijs nicolaas.matthijs at caret.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 11 09:27:25 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

At the recent Apereo Conference, some of the Sakai CLE TCC members indicated that they would like to start using the `sakaiproject` GitHub organization account [1] for CLE-related projects (documentation, etc.). As the OAE project is rebranding as Apereo OAE, it makes sense for us to free up the `sakaiproject` account for CLE-related repositories.

Therefore, we have gone ahead and created an `oaeproject` GitHub organization [2] and have moved the following repositories into this organization:

Hilary (back-end)
3akai-ux (front-end)
puppet-hilary (puppet scripts)
oae-widgetlibrary
ep_oae (Etherpad plugin)
SAMLParser
OAE-model-loader
OAE-Micro-Site
grunt-ver
puppet-nfs
oae-nightly-stats
node-oae-tsung

Rather than forking these repositories into `oaeproject`, we have used the GitHub move functionality. This means that all of the issues and PRs have been moved over and any requests to the old `sakaiproject` repositories will redirect to the new `oaeproject` repositories. In theory, this shouldn't break anything for people that are using or have forked the `sakaiproject` repositories, but we do want to encourage people to update any references they might have to the old repositories.

We currently have outstanding pull requests for this move in Hilary, 3akai-ux and puppet-hilary. The Hilary branch of the OAE Model Loader has also been merged into master. Once these are merged and start to find their way into our automated deployment scripts, it's possible that we might see some temporary hick-ups which we'll try to resolve as soon as possible.

[1] https://github.com/sakaiproject
[2] https://github.com/oaeproject

Kind regards,
Nicolaas