[Building Sakai] fMath images

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Jun 11 05:09:57 PDT 2013

Hi everybody.

We are testing the new fMath plugin in Sakai 2.9.2 and we are
experiencing several issues.

Images are stored in Resources at the root level if they are generated
in syllabus, calendar, etc, or in the same folder that the web page
which contains them. Their names are like these:

fmath-equation-36EC684C-5AAB-8BCC-C50F-C61BA0454950.png
fmath-equation-129A1D1B-A982-559A-B6C7-B122862C19EC.png
fmath-equation-CD0587B2-A886-CD61-6FA3-4D5442951F5D.png

And if one image is edited in fMath editor and is saved (with or wihout
changes), a new image is generated.

I think that our users are going to complain by this behaviour and I'm
interested in knowing if it can be configured some way. For example, we
think that it would be far better if all images were stored in a
sub-folder. Also it would be great if there were some mechanism to
locate and remove unused images.

If this is not possible right now, should I create new JIRAs?

Thanks and best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.