[Building Sakai] WebDav and Resources folder - for 80 worksites

Chintan Patel chintan.sakai at outlook.com
Mon Jun 3 03:20:56 PDT 2013

Dear All

I am aware that a user can access their resources in their My Computer window, of a Microsoft Windows OS, using WebDav.

I have 80 worksites (mix of courses and project sites), with which I would like to make the Resources folder of every worksite, to be available to me, just for general monitoring.

Mapping of a network drive in Windows will not work because there is a limit of 26 drive letters.I cannot use junction or NTFS mount points because the network drive does not appear in Disk Manager of a Microsoft Windows OS.I tried using a WebDav client called AnyClient but I am having connection problems behind my proxy.

Is there any other method, of making all these 80 worksite's resources folder available to me, either on my own computer, or dedicating another machine/server to them?

RegardsChintan Patel (Mr)LAN AdministratorSchool of LawUniversity of The Witwatersrand