[Building Sakai] News Tool

Nguni Phakela nguni52 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 00:42:27 PDT 2013

Hi Sakai Devs,

I have developed an rss feed from a CMS on our website.
https://elearn.wits.ac.za/home/rss.jsp?file

I have added this to the News tool in our dev, QA servers, SAKAI qa
servers, google reader and it seems the feed is being read by all. But now
when I add the url to the News Tool on our SAKAI site,
https://cle.wits.ac.za, I'm receiving this error:

Alert: This news service is not available at the moment. Please check back
later: : [Unable to obtain news feed from
https://elearn.wits.ac.za/home/rss.jsp?file]

What could be the cause? All the other SAKAI servers are http, except out
production sakai is running on https. Could this be the issue? How do I get
around this?

I checked the logs and there is no exception being thrown.

Cheers,
--
Nguni Phakela