[Building Sakai] Integration of Shibboleth Authentication with Sakai

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Fri Jul 26 13:56:23 PDT 2013

On 07/23/2013 10:11 AM, Julian Fleischer wrote:
> All documentation that I could find in the Wiki seems to target Sakai 2.4 or 2.5 or "is an attempt to document a new feature in Sakai 2.xxx". Is there a more or less current documentation of the related interfaces?

Hi Julian,

FWIW, we're using Sakai 2.9 and Shibboleth at the University of Florida.
We simply run the SP software and use the container login option. We
populate REMOTE_USER with the SP software, and protect:

  /sakai-login-tool/container

We didn't need any custom code... just some configuration options:

  container.login = true
  loggedOutUrl=/Shibboleth.sso/Logout?return=https://nice-logout-page

This won't give you a directory provider that works with Shibboleth, but
you probably don't want that kind of provider anyway, since you need to
get user information without a user being logged in.

We also configured Sakai to fall back to Kerberos, with /portal/xlogin.

Hope this helps,

Martin

--
Martin B. Smith, Systems Administrator