[Building Sakai] add a new tool into the selected sites

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 09:39:16 PDT 2013

Yes, but workspaces are only the personal sites of users. Not all the sites.

If you want to "normal sites" you need to add a page and then add the tool
to the page using:

public String addNewPageToSite( String sessionid, String siteid,
String pagetitle, int pagelayout) throws AxisFault

public String addNewToolToPage( String sessionid, String siteid,
String pagetitle, String tooltitle, String toolid, String layouthints)
throws AxisFault

With this two, if you have the siteid you can add a tool in any site.

2.8.1 uses webserices 1.0.3 (I'm not suer about your 2.8 version)

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/webservices/tags/webservices-1.0.3/axis/src/webapp/SakaiScript.jws

Best wishes, Diego.