[Building Sakai] 2.9.1 Performance Issues

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Jul 24 09:01:30 PDT 2013

The cache you are mentioning would be hard to take up that much memory,
especially with the default settings of 10k items.  For example,
restrictedAuthToolsCache is a map of userId->siteId->restrictedTools for
only delegated access admin users.  99% of the time, the list of restricted
tools will be an empty list unless you have manually went into the user's
permissions and checked off a list of tools that are restricted, then its
just that list.  Also, this list is only populated whenever a user tries to
access the site, otherwise, it isn't in the cache.

Are you doing something special with Delegated Access?  Also, could you
send the dump of your Administration Workspace->Memory information?  Maybe
there's something in there that can help.

-Bryan