[Building Sakai] Using external javascript

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Jul 22 17:11:05 PDT 2013

a) There is no way of changing js per role overall. With AntiSamy the
possibility for this exists, and some tools have started to experiment with
it. But I'm not 100% sure.

AntiSamy has multiple profiles (HIGH/LOW/DEFAULT and NONE) that a
individual tool can select filtering for under certain conditions. (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1048). I know it was mentioned for
Lessons but can't find that jira.

b) There is a site property that allows an admin to add whatever text they
want (javascript included) which would be included in the sites header (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-15097). This site property (I
believe) is called
sakai:htmlInclude. It might do what you're looking for. You could also edit
the portal vm's if you wanted it to be server wide rather than on a
specific site.

c) I agree that an LTI tool external to the system might be good too.