[Building Sakai] CKEditor in Assignments2 in Sakai 2.8

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Fri Jul 12 08:19:31 PDT 2013

I don't have a chance to check it right now, but some of the earlier tools packed their own "evolver" for the editor. Some tools may also be handling the wysiwyg.editor themselves.

Calling sakai.editor.launch is always the right path. The portal should also be delivering the proper scripts in <head> -- double check by verifying that ckeditor.launch.js or fckeditor.launch.js is loaded rather than just the editor script. If it is not, then the tool is not loading front matter properly from the portal.

If there is a problem in the code, check polls and lessons for examples that are working properly (scr=portal-matter in the templates and using the sakaiFCKTextEvolver bean, despite its name).

Thanks,
-Noah