[Building Sakai] How to get Sakai Role from CM Role?

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Thu Jul 11 10:43:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

I can access CM section membership/roles like this:

Set<Membership> sectionMembers =
courseManagementService.getSectionMemberships( sectionID );
For( Member member : sectionMembers )
    String cmRole = member.getRole();

Member.getRole() returns the CM role, like 'I', or 'S'. But I need to
compare them to site roles like 'Instructor', and 'Student'.

I need to be able to access the CM Role to Site Role map, and I can see that
BaseRoleResolver has the method convertRole( String cmRole );

However, I'm not sure how to access this class. Do I need to inject it via
Spring in components.xml? Or can I just make my own instance whenever I need
it?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

Brian Jones
Applications Development