[Building Sakai] SOLR Search and Sakai

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 10 03:08:28 PDT 2013

There is little change, however, this blog post may enlighten you: https://blogs.it.ox.ac.uk/adamweblearn/2013/04/making-the-most-of-search/

We had planned to write a new search tool (I mentioned this at the dragon's den sesh in Paris) but unfortunately there are more pressing issues to deal with.

We needed to change 2.8 search as it was causing all sorts of performance / stability problem so did the SOLR work. We've been running it in production for the best part of a year now and have addressed a number of problems on the way. We believe it is pretty much production-ready.

adam