[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9.1 cafe build

Coetzee, Nico Coetzeen at unisa.ac.za
Tue Jul 2 04:18:18 PDT 2013

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Hi All

I just want you guys to know that the café build on sakai 2.9.1 does not work. With a clean machine with nothing installed

1. Firstly when you do mvn -Pcafe clean build sakai:deploy you it is trying to build portal which is not part of the checkout
        My Resolution: remove portal build from café in main pom.xml

2. Then when you run the mvn command again it fails at library with cannot find dependency fck-connetor
        My resolution: do mvn clean install  to get everything maven repo

3. When starting up the tomcat then portal is unavailable
        My resolution : edit core-deploy/pom.xml and add to café:
        Under the clean.target:
                components/sakai-portal-render-pack;
                         components/sakai-portal-service-pack;
        under dependencies:
        <dependency>
                    <groupId>org.sakaiproject.portal</groupId>
                    <artifactId>sakai-portal-assembly</artifactId>
                    <version>${sakai.portal.version}</version>
                    <classifier>tomcat-overlay</classifier>
                    <type>zip</type>
                </dependency>

Then it works