[Building Sakai] JSON

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Wed Jan 23 09:09:24 PST 2013

I personally like Jackson.  Which I think highlights the point of why
we definitely want to avoid putting anything new in shared.   Our
posture for awhile which i think is a good one, is to avoid that. That
way everyone is free to use their own libraries and upgrade them as
necessary.

Maybe you could describe more about what your problem is and we could
find away to avoid that.  I suspect that might lead to having to do
your marshalling and unmarshalling in its own component to avoid the
classloader problems.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Steve Swinsburg
<steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Before settling on just any JSON library, I would strongly recommend talking
> to someone in the OAE project for their perspective. Not all JSON processors
> are the same, some are much much faster than others, Jackson being the
> fastest and feature rich and would be my recommendation.
>
> Jersey uses Jackson which is the JSR 311 reference, so it has good support.
>
> http://geokoder.com/java-json-libraries-comparison
> http://blog.novoj.net/2012/02/05/json-java-parsers-generators-microbenchmark/
> http://jersey.java.net
>
> cheers,