[Building Sakai] courier in Sakai 2.9

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Jan 23 08:37:41 PST 2013

>From what I remember with the discussion (it was long ago) it was either
get people to support the tool and fix the problems with it or mark it as
deprecated and work on removing it for 2.10. Presence (the primary user)
already no longer used it in 2.9 and I *believe* someone was working on
changing the chat delivery.

I suppose if you have a tool that relied on portal scripts for presence
making request to courier for your tool to function in 2.9, that was
something we couldn't test in core. Very likely it was *only* the Global
Messaging Tool. Chat still takes care of courier message delivery itself.