[Building Sakai] courier in Sakai 2.9

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Wed Jan 23 06:03:01 PST 2013

At Michigan we're running a contrib tool that relies on courier.  With our
upgrade to 2.9 the tool isn't working for us as courier no long runs
regularly in 2.9.  Is there a simple way to just turn the courier back on?
 In the long run we'll see if find an efficient way to avoid the courier
overhead but in the immediate term we need to get this working. While chat
in 2.9 uses the courier and keeps it running while the chat is open we
can't rely on a single tool to switch the courier on and off.  The tool in
question is Global Alerts which needs to be able to send it's broadcast
messages to users regardless of the specific tool or site they are using.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks - Dave