[Building Sakai] Mailsender Issue

Raad Al-Rawi Raad.Al-Rawi at admin.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 21 05:49:51 PST 2013

Hi All

We're having a problem with Mailsender (v.1.6.3) in our CLE 2.7 instance.
The problem is very similar to https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSND-5 (Error message when institution created roles are checked in the mailsender) in that is relates to the EL path created from the id of a selected user/role/section/group.

If the id of the selected item contains a character that breaks the path, e.g. a space (in the case of the role mentioned in the JIRA) or a period/full stop (in the case of our "guest" users whose userid is an email address), then the EL path breaks and Mailsender stops with an error.

MSND-5 is currently down as "Cannot Reproduce" but I'm fairly confident it could be reproduced by using a user with an id that is an email address. Perhaps someone could conform this with a view to re-opening the JIRA?

Anyone have any ideas about a fix/workaround? I've tried to see where RSF picks up the userid so I can try some escaping/encapsulation, but I can't seem to find the right point.

Cheers

Raad

~~
Raad Al-Rawi
CamTools Operations Analyst
University of Cambridge

Management Information Services Division
Greenwich House
Madingley Rise
Cambridge
CB3 0TX