[Building Sakai] How to CASifying WebDAV access

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Sat Jan 19 10:03:45 PST 2013

Well, it would depend on which SSO you're using, but I think you'd want to
exclude the /dav path from being protected by the SSO
Like for Shibboleth and Apache. Most SSO's have some option like this.

But yea, none of the webdav clients support SSO and it's not in the webdav
protocol.  SSO requires things like cookies and sessions and webdav is just
basic auth or digest with the plain password.

There were some attempts to create a better UI for resources so that webdav
wouldn't be needed, but this hasn't happened yet.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPApacheConfig

  <Location /dav>
  AuthType Shibboleth
  ShibRequestSetting requireSession false