[Building Sakai] Signup tool new 2013 release

Liu, Peter peter.liu at yale.edu
Tue Jan 15 08:28:36 PST 2013

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce a new annual 2013 release of the Sign-up tool (version: Sign-up 1.0.0). We, at Yale, have just deployed this new version into production after our successful QA. We greatly appreciate Oxford University and Steve Swinsburg for their major contributions to this release.  This release has many rich new features, bug fixes and resolved up to 53 JIRA issues.
It is now available for sakai-2-8-x and sakai-2-9-x version. For any other Sakai versions, you need to modify the pom.xml files in the sign-up tool accordingly to your selected Sakai version.

The major new features from this release are as follows

  *   Provide the ability to auto-generate site-groups according to the timeslot in the event
  *   Provide the iCal attachment for external Apps such as MS Outlook and Google Calendar
  *   Allow Event organizer to select multiple co-organizers (or coordinators) for managing the event
  *   Allow Organizer to define a category metadata
  *   Numerous bugs haven been fixed.

Related JIRA Issues shown below:
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SIGNUP+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.0+[Tentative]%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SIGNUP+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.0+%5bTentative%5d%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide>

The Sign-up tool installation and configuration guides are available at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SIGNUP/Home

Peter Liu

Senior Developer
The Center for Media and Instructional Innovation
Shared Solutions ITS
Yale University
25 Science Park, 6FL
New Haven, CT  06510
Office: 203-432-7867

NOTE: Yale ITS will NEVER request passwords or other personal information via email. Messages requesting such information are fraudulent and should be deleted.