[Building Sakai] Images and links to resources in question pools

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Mon Jan 14 05:33:18 PST 2013

Diego
I have attached a patch for this. Along with it, here are a few more things
to be mindful of...

First off, I did this code change for Sakai 2.6.

Secondly, at our institution we give our users a strong recommendation to
always copy files (resources) to the site from which they are going to be
referenced. We too frequently had issues with students being unable to see
content because of permissions due to the file being in another site.
Samigo Question Pools created a problem with this policy for the same
reasons as your original email. That said, you'll notice the code patch
actually performs the site id swap for all questions - not just ones that
originated from pools.

I knew this was controversial with the community so I did not attach it to
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1896. If works well at our
institution but other schools do things differently.

I hope you can benefit from this. Let me know if you have any questions.

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator
University of Dayton