[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.5 passwords not working in sakai 2.9

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Thu Jan 10 07:37:05 PST 2013

Sam,

I appreciate your reply, but it seems like touching Mars to me. How can I do
it?

Please can you explain it in simple words to me, hh!

Meanwhile, I
started the conversion scripts as stated by Jim.

thank you.

Maybe
> the
kernel-impl/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/user/impl/ReEncryptPasswords.java

command-line program is relevant?

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM, <alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma> wrote:

>> Hello
All,

>> We, IIHEM Insitute, are using Sakai since 2008 with version
2.5.3. We want
>> to upgrade to the latest version, which is 2.9.0.
>>
>> I installed a new sakai 2.9 instance. I recreated users and sites.

however, when I tried to copy/paste hashed passwords from the old sakai
>> 2.5.3 to the
new one (sakai 2.9), I doesn't work.

>> We're using MySQL for both
installations, I've done the copy/paste between
>> the MySQL databases with Webmin
tool.

>> Here are our server specs:
>>
>> Old one:
RHEL 5.4, MySQL 5.0.x, Tomcat-5.5.x, and SAKAI 2.5.3
>> New one: CentOS 6.3, MySQL
5.1.x, Tomcat-7.0.x and SAKAI 2.9.0

>> Please HELP!!!
>>
>> If it's really neccessary to upgrade from 2.5.3 to 2.6 to 2.7,.... untill

2.9, I'll do it. BUT PLEASE JUST point me to the right documentation!

Thanks community.

>> regards,
>>

>> --
>> Alaa NIZAR, BA in MIS, LPIC