[Building Sakai] Elastic Search (SRCH-111)

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu Feb 28 08:30:51 PST 2013

For right now, I'm going with the way Ian was doing it in the legacy
search, in the interest of time and making sure it is solid.  What he
had was a filter he applied to the results after searching, it
basically delegated to the entity content producer by calling the
canRead method

if (ecp == null || !ecp.canRead(reference))
{
result = new CensoredSearchResult();
}

The the CensoredSearchResult would remove all the content and just put
a message that says  you don't have access.  So at least the result
numbers don't get screwed up.  Its a bit of a kludge but its
consistent with how things used to work.  I prefer to get things rock
solid before introducing any more complexity otherwise this thing will
never get out of the gate.  Once we are confident in its performance I
think we can take this up again.  I think the method Ian has here that
I'm using will address Matthews concern, b/c its really delegating
back to the ECP which can enforce its own rules which may or may not
be based on authz alone.

--
John Bush
602-490-0470