[Building Sakai] Turnitin Quartz job won't unblock

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Wed Feb 27 07:09:27 PST 2013

Hi
(Sakai 2.6) Our Quartz job for the turnitin queue continues to be blocked
despite efforts to fix it.

I've tried deleting the offending record from QRTZ_FIRED_TRIGGERS then
changing the QRTZ_TRIGGERS TRIGGER_STATE column from 'BLOCKED' to
'WAITING'. This has fixed this problem in the past, but this time it just
quickly returns to 'BLOCKED'.

I see a lot of messages in the log that look like this...
INFO QuartzScheduler_Worker-0
org.sakaiproject.contentreview.impl.turnitin.TurnitinReviewServiceImpl -
next retry time not yet reached for item: 149932

And I ever-increasingly see CONTENTREVIEW_ITEM records with the LASTERROR
column as:
"Assign creation error: Create Assignment not successful. Message: The
start date for this assignment must occur on or after today.. Code: 2305"
The STATUS is always 4 which causes it to continually (unsuccessfully)
retry.

Another thing I tried was to shutdown all the servers in the cluster and
then start just one. This didn't change the behavior. I did see a
"RECOVERING JOBS" entry in the QRTZ_TRIGGERS table which was trying to do
the turnitin job, but it didn't seem to do anything useful since it became
blocked itself.

I just can't seem to shake this thing loose! Any ideas?

Thank you.

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator
University of Dayton