[Building Sakai] REST services development

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Sun Feb 24 17:17:03 PST 2013

Steve,
This development that you describe would be very helpful to us for various monitoring and reporting functions.

One additional thing we are thinking of is the ability to dun a defined Sitestat report from a REST interface. That would allow one to build the report and specify the desired data in Sakai, but externally automate the production of a report, or access the data. I think that if one could ask for a pdf of the report to be saved, or else an export of the report data (which is also generally available interactively) that would be a very nice option.

Anyway, I thought I'd just through this into the mix while this area is being considered.

Hi Mark,

All tools are going to be evaluated - any existing providers will be looked at, any community ones will be examined and any new capabilities will be written.

The first set of tools to be looked at are:

Announcements

Calendar/Schedule

Messages

Syllabus

Assignments

Gradebook

Forums

Dashboard

Profile2

Membership

More on timeline will be released soon, but contact me offline and we can discuss more about your requirements.

cheers,

Steve