[Building Sakai] Any Ubuntu packages, EC2 images or other easier ways to get a CLE install up and running on Linux?

Poindexter, David Ray davpoind at iupui.edu
Fri Feb 22 13:14:31 PST 2013

Exactly my thoughts. Now, once we get the Maven3 multithreading building
working correctly, building will become even less of an issue, not that
it's really that much of an issue to begin with.

Honestly, running all the unit tests, starting with a clean .m2 repo, and
doing a clean install, it takes, at most, 16 minutes for sakai trunk.
That's really not too bad, and not even optimized.

I will say that either scripts, or a portable VMWare image would certainly
help new users/devs. I know I'd love to have that back 9 months ago when I
started with all this. So I can see how that would be super helpful, and I
wouldn't mind chipping in on a script we could all share on github or
something to that end.
--

David Poindexter

Systems Analyst