[Building Sakai] EntityBroker returning 200 instead of 204

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 02:24:33 PST 2013

For some entity broker operations you typically implement a method and
perform the operation, however for some local code we would like to
return some content in the response, but using the API you don't get
the opportunity is there a way around this?

Eg: For delete you implement public void deleteEntity(EntityReference
ref, Map<String, Object> params), perform the delete and then
EntityBroker returns 204 (no content), however I'd like to return the
ID of the content deleted in the message body and so return 200. Is
this possible?

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford