[Building Sakai] KNL-1011 - Performance improvements for SiteService and Portal

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Feb 19 14:03:14 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm writing about some work U-M has done to address performance concerns in the kernel/portal. In brief, there is a lot of extraneous database and processing work for fundamental user actions like changing sites (including visiting My Workspace upon login).

This is all documented in detail on https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1011.

The changes have been reviewed by Michigan, Longsight, and Unicon. Now that 2.9.1 is out, I would like to merge these to trunk and, eventually, 2.9.x (probably with a couple of modifications to avoid a kernel API change).

Unless there are objections, I'd like to merge from the branches to trunk this Thursday, 2/21.

Thanks,
-Noah