[Building Sakai] setup.request property on sakai.properties is ignored.

Francois Campbell francois at opencollab.co.za
Tue Feb 19 02:52:19 PST 2013

Hi Miguel.

This is typically what happens when there is a problem with your SMTP, but
SAKAI writes it to the logs as being sent from the postmaster account.

I don't know the exact reason for this behaviour, but after correcting my
SMTP details/configuration/connection it worked correctly.

Try testing your smtp connection using telnet. e.g.
http://www.anta.net/misc/telnet-troubleshooting/smtp.shtml (not the best
article but should give you a better idea.)

On 19 February 2013 11:19, Miguel Ángel Júlvez <ma.julvez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've the following config on my sakai.properties:
> setup.request=myusername at mydomain.com
>
> but Sakai is trying to send e-mails from postmaster at mydomain.com
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks

Warm regards.
*Francois Campbell*
Developer
*opencollab*
*Tel*: +27 21 970 4000 | *Fax*: +27 21 914 3098
*Skype*: francois_campbell_za
*Web*: www.opencollab.co.za