[Building Sakai] Tomcat not shutting down properly

Mike Jennings mike_jennings at unc.edu
Mon Feb 18 13:54:44 PST 2013

We never got down to the root cause of the issue was, but for some
reason removing the Gradebook 2 tool and then Tomcat shut down correctly.

I know that other institutions were not having this issue and had
Gradebook 2 installed, so I am not sure why removing this tool fixed
this issue for us.

Mike

On 02/18/2013 04:48 PM, Sanghyun Jeon wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I saw a long discussion regarding tomcat improper shut-down,
> http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2012-March/016565.html
> I am especially interested with your comment on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-767, because I am
> experiencing the exactly same error.
> However, I fail to find the conclusive fix from the discussion. I am
> wondering whether you have fixed this problem and you wouldn't mind
> sharing your fix with me. Thank in advance.
>
> Sanghyun

Mike Jennings
Teaching and Learning Developer
T: 919.843.5013