[Building Sakai] RESTful services in Sakai

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Feb 18 05:32:17 PST 2013

Hi everybody.

One of our teachers has asked us how could he retrieve data from their
sites (specifically Assignments and Gradebook items) for their own
applications.

I have tried to take a look on REST services, but I have not found too
much documentation about how to use them.

I understand that the available services are described in
/direct/<TOOL>/describe, but I'm not able to retrieve nothing but site
generic XML info.

For example, using /direct/announcement/<siteid>.xml should retrieve all
the site's announcements but it shows an empty xml document.

And direct/gradebook/<siteid> shows a form to add an announcement even
without being logged. Trying to get direct/gradebook/<siteid>.xml throws
an exception.

I'm sorry if this is a simple question, but does somebody know where
could I find simple use examples of REST services calls?

Thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.