[Building Sakai] new lesson builder version for 2.8.x and 2.9

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Tue Feb 12 10:27:09 PST 2013

I have tagged the release that I recommend using with 2.9.1. It is https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/lessonbuilder/tags/sakai-lessonbuildertool-2.9.1-recommended/.  Note that this has a few patches that I recommend, but which were too late for the 2.9.1 release. I consider them all "safe", and a couple of them are potentially significant.

I have built a binary for 2.8.x for those sites that don't want to build from source. See https://sakai.rutgers.edu/stats/lb-281/

The README file in the source now contains instructions for database updates. If you don't use auto.ddl, things get complex. The README file explains. If you use auto.ddl, only two things need to be done that it doesn't handle automatically:

* going from a version before the release of 2.9.0 to 2.9.0 or 2.9.1 needs simplepage.pre29-to29.sql
* going from 2.9.0 to the actual 2.9.1 release doesn't need any change
* going from 2.9.0 to my recommend 2.9.1 tag needs  simplepage.for-2.9.2.sql if you are using mysql

simplepage.for-2.9.2.sql is actually optional. It increases the size of HTML blocks from text to mediumtext. One site reported running out of space.