[Building Sakai] Turn It In has its own log.

William Karavites willkara at oit.rutgers.edu
Tue Feb 12 08:24:59 PST 2013

Seth,

So I'd have the find the log4j. properties file in the TII tool area (content-review) and then specify the file name/the rolling properties for it?

# Configuration for a rolling log file ("tomcat.log")
#log4j.appender.Sakai=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
#log4j.appender.Sakai.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
#log4j.appender.Sakai.File=/usr/local/tomcat/logs/tomcat.log
#log4j.appender.Sakai.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
#log4j.appender.Sakai.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %d %t_%c%n%m%n

It seems like that is the setup for creating the rolling log file. Instead I'd change the /usr/local/tomcat/logs/tomcat.log to something like /sakai/tomcat/logs/tii.log ?

This is what we currently have for content-review:

### direct log messages to stdout ###
log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L - %m%n

### set log levels - for more verbose logging change 'info' to 'debug' ###
log4j.rootLogger=info, stdout
#log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout
log4j.logger.org.hibernate=info
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate=debug

### log HQL query parser activity
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.hql.ast.AST=debug

### log just the SQL
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.SQL=info
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.SQL=debug

### log JDBC bind parameters ###
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.type=info
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.type=debug

### log schema export/update ###
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl=info
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl=debug

### log HQL parse trees
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.hql=debug

### log cache activity ###
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.cache=info

### log transaction activity
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.transaction=debug

### log JDBC resource acquisition
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.jdbc=debug

### enable the following line if you want to track down connection ###
### leakages when using DriverManagerConnectionProvider ###
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider=trace

-Will

William Karavites
Application Programmer
OIT/OIRT- Rutgers University