[Building Sakai] Is Respondus LockDown the only answer?

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Fri Feb 8 12:02:37 PST 2013

Sam
You're right. Nothing is ever going to be 100% airtight. My goal is only to
make it harder. Faculty ask us if students can cheat. We tell them they can
and give them a few lines. It would be nice to also say we've taken some
steps.

My thinking is that only x% of students will attempt to cheat. Only y% of
that x% will try cheating outside of a very obvious path. So, closing the
door will stop many who wouldn't think to check if it was locked.

For example, a common faculty concern is that students can copy and paste
questions from the test. If we optionally wrapped the Samigo question text
with jquery's unselectable class, it would make copying more difficult
(though clearly not impossible). A closed but unlocked door.

Again, I know we can't make it bulletproof. I'm just asking if there are
any alternatives to Respondus before we consider going down that road.

Thank you.

Paul