[Building Sakai] [sakai] svn commit: r118967 - sitestats/trunk/sitestats-tool/src/webapp/WEB-INF

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:02:32 PST 2013

>From 2.8 and onwards, a number of tools moved to binary distribution to cut
down on the amount of source in the default checkout. The core-deploy pom
pulls in a tomcat overlay which has pre-built artifacts (ie jars, war,
component) and expands the zip on top of your tomcat. The assembly is built
at release time via the Maven release plugin.

Have a look that this older version of the zip. Unpack it and you'll see
what I mean:
http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2/org/sakaiproject/sitestats/sitestats-assembly/2.2.4/

We might be moving away from indies in the future, as yet undecided, since
it can make more work for adopters if they customise the indies.

cheers,
Steve