[Building Sakai] Remove all support for Frame Sets in the Sakai-10 Portal

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Sat Dec 21 07:44:26 PST 2013

From https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25492

Long ago, I added the concept of an alternate view of the Sakai portal markup that put the top navigation and bottom page space into two frames in a frame set (yes frame sets from 1994). I did this because it would have eliminated the scrolling and need to resize the content frames at the cost of frameset ugliness.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=revision&revision=40417

This was a bad idea from the beginning and I think not used anywhere. And it has not been tested to my knowledge since I tested it in 2008 when I wrote it.

So I am going to scrub the code of this feature for Sakai-10.   I love deleting code :)

Comments welcome - but if you have an objection, raise it quickly.

/Chuck