[Building Sakai] LDAP caching

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Dec 20 08:23:47 PST 2013

> Looking at the LDAP debug logs we see that the entry is found in the cache
> but it’s expired?  This is only after a few minutes after doing the initial
> lookup from the LDAP server.

Yes, the default is an incredibly low 5 minutes.  If others support
increasing this cache default time, let's file a JIRA and raise the default.

We added to sakai.properties:

> memory.edu.amc.sakai.user.JLDAPDirectoryProvider.userCache=timeToLiveSeconds=14400,timeToIdleSeconds=3600,maxElementsInMemory=20000

I believe we should just remove this JLDAP cache in favor of caching in the
central UserDirectoryService.  So I would just zero out this JLDAP cache
and then increase the central cache like this:

memory.org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserDirectoryService.callCache=timeToLiveSeconds=43200,timeToIdleSeconds=0,maxElementsInMemory=50000