[Building Sakai] Question About Realm Caching

Stoufer,R M kc4uf at ufl.edu
Wed Dec 18 10:57:13 PST 2013

We have been looking at Oracle performance on our 2.9.x instance of Sakai and noticed a query that had 1.3 million executions in 3900 seconds.  This was during final exams week with about 14,000 concurrent sessions in progress.  The partial query is:

select 1 FROM SAKAI_REALM_RL_FN srrf, SAKAI_REALM_FUNCTION srf, (select realm_key, role_key from SAKAI_REALM_RL_GR where ACTIVE = '1' and USER_ID = :1 union select -1 as realm_key, -1 as role_key from dual) srrg where rownum = 1 and srrf.realm_key in (select realm_key from SAKAI_REALM.REALM_ID IN....

Unfortunately, that is all I have of the query.

My question is if this is part of the realm caching being done and if not should it be?  It seems that with this many executions in a little more than an hour there may be a more efficient way to handle this.

Thanks for any help!

Mike

--

R. Michael Stoufer