[Building Sakai] Wicket, Portlets and JSR-168

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Dec 16 11:28:09 PST 2013

Yea, I don't think that staying current is non trivial either,since there
aren't many people in the Sakai community are familiar with wicket either.
I'd hope it's easier than upgrading JSF 1.x to JSF 2 though (even JSF 1.1
to 1.2 is seeming like a huge task). There are just those 2 wicket tools in
core, though delegated access and dashboard are two big tools in contrib.

Though with delegated access being an admin only tool isn't as big a deal
for portlet support, but it seems like we'd want to have something in place
for dashboard and profile2 on mobile. Though if mobile view was the
specific goal, avoiding wicket all together and making a simplified UI
using a different framework or client side render for mobile using direct
might take less time than wicket portlets.