[Building Sakai] Tool adds Users to Sites: fails with "role undefined" error although role is correct

Michael Mertins mertins at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 13 17:13:57 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm writing a tool that adds Student users with type "registered"
automatically to sites.

The sites have role "Student" in their roles and as JoinerRole.

Still,

 site.addMember(userid, "Student", true, false);

gives me the Role undefined error. Can this problem be related to Groups,
Authz? Do I need to set the user-type to Student? I've also checked the
Webservices and tried to replicate the problem locally but ran out of
ideas.

Anyone knows where I could look?

Best,

Michael