[Building Sakai] Session Replication work

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Dec 11 18:58:11 PST 2013

I was looking maybe a year ago at infinispan and if there would be benefit
in replacing the ehcache in Sakai with that a distributed cache with
session replication would be great. Memcache seems *nice* but doesn't seem
to mesh as well with java as ehcache/infinispan do. Most of the stuff with
Terracotta seem to push you toward buying into their commercial offerings.
They discontinued their server array and only seem to have a "limited
version" of Bigmemory. I'm don't know enough about it to know what the
limits of this version are and if we'd push it or not with Sakai. Memcache
would have a much higher "buy-in"

In either case, Apereo Camp for sure. I'm not sure if this is more of a 10
or 11 thing though,

-Matthew