[Building Sakai] permissions.helper for a tool based on wickets

Jesus Federico jesus at blindsidenetworks.com
Mon Dec 9 08:37:58 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

Sorry for introducing a kind of nooby question.

I recently started playing around with a sakai tool created from the
scratch using the wicket archetype. Since my previous experience is working
with UI based on javascript I am really entertained learning wickets and
also a different way to access data from Sakai.

Anyways, what I am trying to do now is to set the permissions for the tool
in a context, just as any of the core tool does, meaning that I'd like to
use the permissions.helper.

I have functions registered, but what I cannot do is to access them by
properly creating the URL to access the helper. I mean, the URL created
doesn't work for this tool. I am guessing that the tool must be somehow
registered but I don't know what component/class I should be working with.

Any clue will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jesus Federico