[Building Sakai] Understanding locales

Gabriel Slomka gabriel.slomka at puc-campinas.edu.br
Fri Aug 23 05:00:44 PDT 2013

Hello there.

I havent fully understood how Locales work on sakai as every module has its
own property files. Im taking for example samigo, at the endo f a quizz
theres a text for example "There is no time limit". Ive setup Sakai to run
on PT_BR locale, and in
/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/samigo-app/WEB-INF/classes/org/sakaiproject/
tool/assessment/bundle/DeliveryMessages  there is a pt_BR locale, however
the text still in english in sakai site. Ive tryed to translate the
DeliveryMessages.properties file as well and it didnt change the text in
sakai. I dont understand so from where this string is taken from ??? Im not
managing to translate some small parts of sakai as i dont know where it
comes from, i can find the file containing the string with Grep but changing
it (and restarting tomcat/sakai) wont change it.

    Would really apreciate some enlightment !!

  Thanks for the attention !

Best regards, Gabriel Slomka.