[Building Sakai] Calling restful services from another tool in sakai

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Thu Aug 22 03:58:51 PDT 2013

You can call the entityproviders directly from within Sakai and get
the actual objects. There is no need to deal with the overhead of REST
calls or encoding (unless the providers actually return JSON directly
which a few do). For all the core ones and the majority of other
providers, the objects related to the provider (e.g. User) are
returned and you can just access them directly.

The methods on the EntityBroker API will allow you to get to the
results of the providers directly (see executeCustomAction and fetch*
and get* methods).

-AZ