[Building Sakai] A kernel branch in sakai?

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Mon Aug 19 17:03:33 PDT 2013

It's been a while since I've worked in kernel, and I'd appreciate help getting oriented.

I made a branch from trunk of kernel that I'd like to build and deploy along with trunk of sakai and a new project that will be a client of some parts of my kernel build.  Other parts of sakai are also dependent on parts of kernel where I am working.

I will need to iterate a bit -- make changes in kernel and changes in this new project and then run them with each other.

Is there a simple pattern for accomplishing that?  Do I have to shut down sakai, rebuild kernel, rebuild (and deploy) all of sakai, and then restart sakai?  Or are there any useful shortcuts to that process?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Jim