[Building Sakai] CLOG TOOL - posting a new entry and marking 'Only site administrators and I can see this post '

JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ jmariano at um.es
Mon Apr 29 01:04:36 PDT 2013

Hi,
I agree that it should be permission based, but I also think that it
*should not* depend on external permissions like site.upd or
section.role.instructor. Clog should have its own permissions, its own
way to determine when a role is a clog-administrator/site-administrator.

Right now, clog has the following permissions:

    clog.comment.create

    clog.comment.delete.any

    clog.comment.delete.own

    clog.comment.read.any

    clog.comment.read.own

    clog.comment.update.any

    clog.comment.update.own

    clog.modify.permissions

    clog.post.create

    clog.post.delete.any

    clog.post.delete.own

    clog.post.read.any

    clog.post.update.any

    clog.post.update.own

None of those permissions indicate clearly when a role is a
site-administrator, maybe 'clog.modify.permissions' is the most evident.
Should a new permission be created for this purpose?

Whats the best approach for this? There is no jira for it yet.
Thanks!
mariano

El 26/04/2013 0:31, Steve Swinsburg escribió:
> This should definitely be permission based, many sites I know don't
> even have the maintain role. Have you a Jira for this yet?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 25/04/2013, at 22:53, Adrian Fish <adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
> <mailto:adrian.r.fish at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mariano,
>>
>> It means 'users in the maintain role' and is not function driven.
>>
>> 'section.role.instructor' would make more sense. If you think so too
>> go ahead and raise a JIRA ticket and I'll sort it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian.
>>

>> On 22 April 2013 14:08, JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ <jmariano at um.es
>> <mailto:jmariano at um.es>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi everyone,
>>     when posting a new blog entry, if a user marks 'Only site
>>     administrators and I can see this post'.
>>
>>     What is clog checking to see if a user is a site administrator?
>>     some permissions? We where using the tool
>>     in a course site and we would like to know how does it check
>>     whether a user is an administrator or not.
>>
>>     site.upd?
>>     section.role.instructor?
>>
>>     it didnt seem to check any of those permissions.
>>     thanks!
>>
>>     --
>>     subject of "unsubscribe"

>> of "unsubscribe"

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)
UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA -http://www.um.es